The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting to fill hundreds of thousands of temporary positions across the country to assist with the 2020 Census count.
Positions are available right here in Bannock County. The hourly pay rate for Census Takers begins at $16 per hour. Supervisory positions are also available. In addition to competitive wages and flexible hours, paid training is provided. Bilingual individuals, in a multitude of languages, are especially encouraged to apply.
The process to apply takes less than an hour. It involves filling out some personal information and answering 33 assessment questions. Those interested in supervisory positions are asked to answer an additional nine questions.
Getting a complete and accurate count in the 2020 Census is very important for residents of Bannock County. The results of the census help determine how more than $675 Billion in federal funding is distributed to communities each year, to programs such as:
- Pocatello/Chubbuck School District #25 Lunch/Breakfast Programs
- Highway Construction in East Idaho by the Idaho Transportation Department and Bannock County Road and Bridge
- Idaho’s Small Business Development Centers
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program
- Pocatello Regional Transit
Other programs are also impacted.
For more information, or to apply for a position with the U.S. Census Bureau, go to: