HONORING OUR VETERANS: President Trump is standing up for America’s veterans by ensuring they receive the proper care and support they deserve.
President Trump signed the VA MISSION Act, revolutionizing the VA system, increasing choice, and providing quality care for our veterans.
- This legislation reformed and expanded many of the existing programs to give veterans improved access to healthcare providers and offered entirely new options such as allowing veterans to get urgent care in their local communities.
- The VA MISSION Act put veterans at the center of their healthcare decisions, not bureaucracy.
The Trump Administration has expanded veterans’ ability to access telehealth services, including through the “Anywhere to Anywhere” VA health care initiative.
President Trump has brought accountability to the VA, as promised.
- President Trump signed the Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to ensure VA employees are held responsible for poor performance.
- Over 8,000 VA employees have been relieved of their duties at the VA since the beginning of the Administration.
Veterans are seeing an improvement in quality of care under President Trump.
- In the last year, the VA saw its highest patient experience ratings in history.
- The Veterans of Foreign Wars found in its annual survey that more than 90 percent of respondents would recommend VA care to other veterans.
President Trump signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017 to expedite the veteran appeals process.
The Administration is working to seamlessly align the VA’s and DoD’s electronic health records.
- This new electronic health record system is on pace to launch next year in select areas.
Under President Trump, the VA launched a new tool that provides veterans with online access to average wait times and quality-of-care data.
Just as he promised, President Trump opened up a 24/7 White House VA Hotline to provide veterans access to help at all times.
President Trump has committed his Administration to addressing the horrible tragedy of veteran suicide.
- President Trump signed the PREVENTS Initiative, which created a task force to develop a revolutionary roadmap to tackle the problem of veteran suicide.
- President Trump signed an executive order to improve access to suicide prevention resources for veterans.
President Trump is expanding educational resources, promoting economic opportunity, and making sure our veterans have the support they need when they return home.
- This year, the veteran unemployment rate reached its lowest level since 2000.
- President Trump signed an executive order that paves the way for veterans to more easily join the Merchant Marine, providing quality job opportunities.
- President Trump signed the Forever GI Bill, allowing veterans to use their educational benefits at any point in their lives.
- President Trump expedited the process of discharging Federal student loan debt for our Nation’s totally and permanently disabled veterans.
- President Trump signed the HAVEN Act to ensure that veterans who’ve declared bankruptcy don’t lose their disability payments.
President Trump signed legislation providing a pathway for Alaska Natives who served in Vietnam to receive the land allotments to which they are legally entitled.