(White House Press Release, December 31, 2019)
USHERING IN AN ERA OF ENERGY DOMINANCE: President Trump’s policies are ushering in a new era of American energy dominance.
President Trump has rolled back the burdensome regulations of the past Administration and implemented policies that are unleashing American energy.
The United States is the largest oil and natural gas producer in the world.
American oil production reached its highest level in history in 2019.
The United States became a net exporter of crude oil and petroleum products in September 2019, the first time this has occurred since records began in 1973.
Natural gas production is projected to set a record high in 2019, marking the third consecutive year of record production.
President Trump is opening up more access to our country’s abundant natural resources in order to promote energy independence.
- Department of the Interior energy revenues soared in fiscal year FY 2019, nearly doubling since FY 2016 to $12 billion.
- Applications to drill on public lands have increased by 300 percent since FY 2016, and the time it takes to complete these permits has dropped by half.
- President Trump signed legislation to open up Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to energy exploration.
President Trump is promoting energy infrastructure to ensure American energy producers can deliver their products to the market.
- This year, President Trump signed two Executive Orders to streamline processes holding back the construction of new energy infrastructure, like pipelines.
- In 2017, the Administration took action to approve the Dakota Access pipeline and the Keystone XL pipeline.
- The Administration issued permits for the New Burgos Pipeline that will export American petroleum products to Mexico.
- The Administration has streamlined Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) terminal permitting.
- In 2019, the Department of Energy granted 11 new long-term LNG export approvals.
American energy exports have reached historic highs.
American energy exports have reached historic highs
- LNG exports have increased by 247% since 2017, hitting record highs in 2019 and are projected to continue increasing next year.
- In 2017, the United States became a net natural gas exporter for the first time in 60 years.
- The United States has exported LNG to five continents and 37 countries, marking 19 additional countries from the beginning of the Trump Administration.
President Trump strengthened America’s domestic energy production and supported our Nation’s farmers by approving year-round E-15.
President Trump worked to ensure greater transparency and certainty in the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS).
President Trump has promoted domestic energy production and economic growth while working to ensure Americans have access to safe drinking water and a clean environment.
- The United States environmental record is one of the strongest in the world and America continues to make environmental progress in clean air and clean water.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, the EPA took action to protect vulnerable Americans from lead exposure by proposing changes to the Lead and Copper rule.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, in FY 2019 the EPA completed cleanup on the most superfund sites on the National Priority List in 18 years.
- Emissions of all criteria pollutants dropped between 2016 and 2018.