(Press Release, March 23, 2020)
Considering the guidance from the State of Idaho and Southeastern Idaho Public Health limiting gatherings to no more than 10 people, the City of Pocatello is canceling advisory board meetings through April 30.
As April 30 approaches, City staff will again consult with Southeastern Idaho Public Health to determine if a longer cancellation is warranted.
City officials continue to encourage all citizens to follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control to help slow the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Staying home when you are sick, except to get medical care
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 secondsAdditional information on ways to help prevent the spread of the disease can be found at: