(White House Press Release, March 30, 2020)
President Donald J. Trump’s administration continues to take decisive action to combat the coronavirus threat. In a meeting with medical supply chain distributors, Trump highlighted the following actions:
- The Army Corps of Engineers and FEMA built a 2900 bed hospital bed in four days. The hospital opens today.
- Deployed the military’s two hospital ships, one to New York (USNS Comfort) and Los Angeles (USNS Mercy).
- FEMA and HHS have shipped or delivered 11.6 million N95 respirators, 26 million surgical masks, 52 million face shields, 43 million surgical gowns, 22 million gloves, and 8,100 ventilators
- Partnered with transport corporations to create an Airbridge, thus far delivering 2 million masks and gowns, over 10 million gloves, and over 70,000 thermometers on the first of 51 projected flights;
- Ramped up coronavirus testing to nearly 100,000 persons per day;
- Announced the development by corporate partners of rapid tests which can provide almost instantaneous results.
To see a video of the meeting with medical supply chain administrators, click on the video link, below: