August 17, 2020
On Saturday, August 15, President Donald J. Trump gave a press briefing at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, in which he spoke about the progress that the United States is making fighting the coronavirus.
Some of the highlights of his remarks were:
- Nearly 85 percent of jurisdictions all across our country are reporting a very steep decline in cases with almost 70 million tests completed.
- More tests have been completed in the United States than in all the EU nations combined.
- This week, cases nationwide have declined by 6 percent; the test positivity rate has fallen to just 6.5 percent, a 71 percent reduction from April and a 15 percent reduction from mid-July.
- Nearly 80 percent of all commercial lab test results are now returned within three days.
- Those living in nursing homes and long-term care facilities are less than 1 percent of the U.S. population but account for nearly half of all fatalities. The Administration has rushed nursing home funding, protective gear, and rapid testing equipment, and will announce additional measures to protect nursing home residents.
(Disclaimer: Some links in this article lead to businesses with which the Pocatello Chubbuck Observer has an affiliate agreement. By following the link and purchasing from them, the Pocatello Chubbuck Observer may earn a small commission at no additional charge to you. This helps us to continue to create content that you can use. Thank you for supporting the Pocatello Chubbuck Observer!)