(From the Desk of Congressman Mike Simpson, March 27, 2023)
Recent winter storms have brought with them conditions that can and have led to flooding across many parts of the state.
You can be prepared for potential spring flooding by following alerts from the National Weather Service and by taking the following actions:
- Have sandbags and plastic rolls on hand to divert flood water, and learn how to deploy them
- Sign up for public alerts through the FEMA app
- Evaluate where spring flooding has occurred in the past, and protect against it
- Have an evacuation and shelter-in-place plan for your family
- Clear drainage channels so melted snow has a place to flow
Flood Safety Resources are available here.