September 11, 2023
In an effort to be accessible to his constituents, U.S. Congressman Mike Simpson, of Idaho’s 2nd Congressional District, will be holding mobile office hours in Southeast Idaho throughout the remainder of September.
Simpson used part of his weekly newsletter to share details about the events:
This month, Team Simpson will travel to American Falls, McCammon, Fort Hall, Soda Springs, Malad, Montpelier, and Preston to answer questions and address specific needs you may have with federal agencies, including Veterans Affairs, Social Security, or the Internal Revenue Service.
Examples of what constituents can get help with include tracking down a misdirected benefit payment; filling out a government form; applying for Social Security, veterans’, education, or other federal benefits; applying to a military service academy; applying for U.S. citizenship; and much more.
Simpson’s mobile office schedule is below:
September 11, 2023
- City of American Falls, 550 N Oregon Trail, American Falls, 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Power County Senior Citizens, 180 Idaho Street, American Falls 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
September 12, 2023
- City of McCammon, 802 Front Street, McCammon, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
September 13, 2023
- Fort Hall Elder Nutrition Center, 384 N Highway 91, Fort Hall, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Fort Hall Tribal Business Center, 306 Pima Drive, Fort Hall, 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
September 15, 2023
- Soda Springs Caribou County Senior Citizens, 60 S Main Street, Soda Springs, 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- City of Soda Springs, 9 West 2nd South, Soda Springs, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
September 25, 2023
- City of Malad, 59 Bannock Street, Malad, 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
September 27, 2023
- Bear Lake County Library, 138 N 6th Street, Montpelier, 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Bear Lake Senior Center, 115 S 4th Street, Montpelier, 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
September 29, 2023
- City of Preston, 70 W Oneida, Preston, 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Franklin County Senior Citizens Center, 64 W 1st Street, Preston, 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
While appointments are not required, they are encouraged. To make an appointment, call Congressman Simpson’s Idaho Falls office at 208-523-6701.